We have just published a tutorial review article “Molecular methods for assessment of non-covalent metallodrug–DNA interactions” in the RSC journal Chemical Society Reviews!
This article covers a number of key learning points including:
• Essentials of nucleic acid structure.
• Principles of nucleic acid–metallodrug recognition.
• Application of mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and X-ray crystallography to probe selective metallodrug–DNA binding sites.
• Quantification of metallodrug–DNA interactions using high-throughput optical techniques based on fluorescence and absorbance spectroscopy.
• Electrophoretic techniques and the use of on-chip microfluidic assays to identify drug–DNA damage.
Check it out here.